‘It’s sooo appreciated!’
Colleagues in ‘my area are so wonderful it’s ridiculous,’ thinks one customer named Lucy. Alan, your incredible detective skills are something Agatha Christie herself would be proud of, and to all you customer key rescuers, thank you for your service!
And finally, ‘hats off’ indeed to everyone going the extra mile in areas affected by recent and ongoing flooding as well as ‘torrential rain and gale force winds.’
Below is a small selection of tweets sent in by grateful customers.
- @LucyBellaEarl – The @RoyalMail posties in my area are so wonderful it’s ridiculous! I’m often at the gym when they try to deliver signed for parcels, and they always come back and check if my car is there at the end of their round so I get them on time. It’s sooo appreciated!
- @JOunan –Our #postman just took our keys out of the door, posted them back through the letter box and pulled our door shut after we left it open. Very sweet #extramile @RoyalMail thank you.
- @gingersoutham92 –So I ordered something from Japan & delivery was 2-4 weeks. Placed order on 22nd got it today 8 days it took well done Japan Post & @RoyalMail that’s some excellent speedy service.
- @laura_gardiner –Hats off to our local @RoyalMail postie (RH17) just seen him out in torrential rain and gale force winds still delivering mail. I hope someone’s got the hot drinks on and towels waiting for them all at the depot.
- @bwoodz30 –Kudos to @RoyalMail and my local Postie Alan who managed to get a piece of mail to me that only had my name, village and postcode on! Awesome work guys!
- @Rachieclairebe1 – Polite postman delivering parcels to South Leeds today! Asked if I wouldn’t awfully mind taking a parcel in for my neighbour and even said hi to my dog! Well done RoyalMail!
- @furlong_kate –Massive thanks to @RoyalMail. My 13 y/o rings me to say he’s lost his keys- Kev the postman to the rescue!
- @CushionJudith –@RoyalMail hands down to my postman today in Mexborough! Rained non-stop all day and 3 hours later than usual soaking wet he still delivered the post! Dedication to his job.
- @ManLikeJPWard –@FowlersParts @RoyalMail Wow, that was quick! Nearly 400 miles in 24 hours! Many thanks guys! Great service.