For Royal Mail PC connected users (with a @royalmail.com email address / network account).
For the best user experience and to access Workplace ‘on the move’, please sign-up on your mobile device.
- Go to the App Store and download the Workplace by Facebook mobile app (available on iOS and Android) able to access on the move. Be sure to download Workplace by Facebook, not Workplace Chat.
- Select log-in (not sign-up) and enter your Royal Mail email address, and tap Next
- Tap confirm to ‘Workplace wants to use ‘workplace.com’ to sign-in’.
- Re-enter your Royal Mail email address and tap Next
- On the screen ‘Sign-in with your organizational account’, enter your Royal Mail windows password (the one you use to log-in to your work PC), and tap sign-in.
- Tap Allow, you will be taken through a single sign-in screen.
- You’re In!
Contractors don’t currently have access to Workplace.
If you have been provided with a Royal Mail email address (@royalmail.com), you should log-in using this as your username and Royal Mail Windows password (the one you use for logging in to your Royal Mail PC), as the password.
If you a non-PC connected Royal Mail employee, you should have received your Workplace username and password via your payslip, week commencing 30 August. If you are a new employee you will receive this in your payslip.
If you no longer have your payslip, you can go back and find these details on the Royal Mail People App.
To download the People App:
- On your mobile phone, access the Royal Mail People App. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, search for Royal Mail People App on either the Apple or Google Play App Store.
- To find your username and password details for Workplace go to the My Payslips tile, on the App, log in and search for the payslip from Pay Date: 26 March (weekly paid) and 31 March (monthly paid), download the payslip, by clicking on the red down arrow, your original Workplace username and password will be displayed in the Messages section.
It sounds as though you might be clicking sign-up rather than log-in at the first screen, click log-in and that should no longer happen
If it's the first time you've accessed please make sure you've followed all the instructions on www.myroyalmail.com/workplace
If you've forgotten your password:
If you have a Royal Mail email address - Please log-in with your Windows email address and password (the log-in you use when you access your PC). You can reset your password via the Windows log in and it will synchronise with Workplace, if you can't remember your Windows password, please call the IT Helpdesk.
If you are a non-PC connected user - You can select the 'Forgotten password' option, as you try to access Workplace, and you will be prompted to answer the validation questions you set the first time you logged on.
If you still can't log in after you've tried all these routes, either yourself or your line manager, will need to raise a request to the IT Helpdesk.
If you are a connected Royal Mail user (with a Royal Mail computer)
Please log-in with you your Windows username and password (the log-in you use when you access your PC). You can reset your password, via the Windows log in and it will synchronise with Workplace, if you can't remember your Windows password, please call the IT Helpdesk.
If you are a non-PC connected user
You can select the 'Forgotten password' option, and you will prompted to answer the validation questions you set the first time you logged in.
No, document upload is currently turned off on Workplace, if you want to shared documents you will need to use email or Microsoft Teams.
You can report a post by clicking the “…” button in the top right corner of every post. If you see a post which perhaps is in the wrong group or is erroneous then please report it to the group administrator (select “report to admin”). If you consider the post offensive, abusive or you suspect it contravenes the company social media guidelines, select the “report post” option. This will remove the post and make it invisible to users until it is investigated, and a decision is made
There's a whole host of helpful information and guides on the workplace help hub, you can access it here: https://www.workplace.com/help/work/search/