Pennies from Pay
The easy way to make a big difference.
Pennies from Pay is the easy way to make a big difference. The scheme allows you to easily make small, regular contributions to our Charity Partner.
Please note we are not currently accepting new sign ups to Pennies from Pay due to our partnership with Action for Children ending in March 2021. If you have any questions on how to support our Charity Partner please email firstname.lastname@example.org
When you sign up, your weekly or monthly pay is rounded down to the nearest £1 and the spare pennies are donated to our Charity Partner. For example, £298.19p becomes £298.00p and the 19p goes to charity.
Royal Mail will match every donation, penny for penny, up to a total of £100,000 per year. And, as donations are made after tax you can also choose to add Gift Aid.
If you are paid weekly then your weekly pay will be rounded down to the nearest £1. Or, if you are paid monthly, your monthly pay will be rounded down to the near £1.
Pennies from Pay is a scheme designed to support our main charity partner, as voted for by colleagues. After that, donations will go to whichever charity colleagues decide to support next. However, you can choose to opt out of the scheme any time.
How it works: two ways to sign up
1. PSP users: If you have access to the ‘Me at Work’ tab in PSP, you can sign up directly.
- Log into PSP
- Click on the ‘Me at Work’ tab
- Click ‘Corporate Responsibility and Engagement’
- Choose the ‘Pennies from Pay’ option
2. Non-PSP users: If you don’t have access to the ‘Me at Work’ tab in PSP, simply complete the application form you can download here and hand it to your manager, who will enter the details on PSP.
- Log into PSP
- Go to ‘Manage My Team > My Team > Employee Information’
- Click the name of the employee to select actioning a task of their behalf
- Select the ‘Pennies from Pay’ option from the ‘Related Activities’ box
NOTE: Please retain all completed paper forms for audit purposes and send to: Charities Trust, Suite 20-22, Century Buildings, Tower Street, Liverpool, L3 4BJ
Changed your mind?
If you change your mind and would like to cancel your Pennies from Pay donation, please follow the above instructions on how to find Pennies from Pay on PSP then simply select ‘edit details’ and select the ‘end date’ e.g. tomorrow for all future donations. The PSP system will then automatically change this to stop from the end of the next available pay period. Or, if you have no access to PSP please ask your manager to assist.
The importance of your pennies
Our current Charity Partner is Action for Children. Every penny donated will enable Action for Children to employ specialist youth workers to deliver face-to-face support sessions for young people aged 15-18, to prevent them from developing depression and other mental health problems. Your pennies will make a big difference.
Find out more about Action for Children here.