Hub on the horizon
The latest RMtv takes viewers on a behind-the-scenes look at construction of the automation of our North West Hub, which is well underway in Warrington.
‘They are making huge progress,’ says plant manager, Eddie Douglas. ‘The steel work is growing every time I look at it.’
Chief operating officer, Achim Dünnwald, brings attention to why automation is such a key part of our transformation.
North West Parcel Hub key stats:
- Some colleagues will return to work at the hub from October 2021
- North West Hub set to be fully operational in spring 2022
- More than 800,000 parcels sorted a day
- Three sortation tracks are around 860m long
- Automated hub performance: 40-60,000 parcels an hour.
Also in the programme: if you want to see genuine change across the business, then you need to provide your feedback via the Big Trust Survey before 9 May.
Plus, we’re invited back to Swindon Innovation Centre to focus on mail centres, a round-up of the biggest news from Workplace, and how Rowland Hill Fund has supported a postman’s family in their darkest hours. Don’t miss this touching interview from Chris Mauger from Ullapool.