Postal Apprenticeships

Get your pens ready – applications to our exciting new scheme open next Monday

Our much talked about new Postal Apprenticeship Scheme will open for applications on Monday 28 June.

The brand-new scheme, a modern-day recasting of our popular ‘postal cadet scheme,’ which ceased in 1996, will see the first 500 recruits start their career in delivery in September this year.

Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a situational judgement test, a virtual interview and invited to meet their line manager at their assigned unit.

The apprentices will receive local support from their line manager, a designated workplace coach and a buddy scheme - as well as a mentor to support their career progression.

Our training provider, Babington, will also lend their support and oversee their progress as they work their way through the scheme.

The role will consist of day-to-day duties as a delivery postman or woman with additional time spent completing learning towards the apprenticeship.

80 percent of the apprenticeship will take the form of on-the-job training, with the remaining 20 percent being online learning towards a Level 2 apprenticeship qualification.

Spread the word to interested relatives and friends – or anyone who you think would benefit from and be interested in the Postal Apprenticeship scheme – and let’s start building the future of Royal Mail together.

Click here for a flavour of what the scheme’s about before applications open on Monday.

Click here to visit the Early Careers section and to apply.

23 Jun 2021