New PDAs on their way
New and improved PDA devices are on their way this autumn, thanks to feedback and trials with posties in the field, writes Paul Smith.
We’ve signed a contract for 65,000 new TC57 PDAs – and they are a significant upgrade on our previous devices. Don’t just take our word for it, that’s the views of the posties who have been lucky enough to test them in recent weeks.
And you can have your say too, and follow the deployment as it happens, in this Workplace group and by using #PDArenewal.
Horsham postwoman Kerry Haines describes the new device as ‘brilliant’. And look out for a piece from Bradford postman Chris Robbins in the summer issue of Courier, out next month.
It comes after our Your View channel was inundated with feedback about our existing PDAs from the moment it launched following the arrival of CEO Simon Thompson at the start of this year.
So, what’s new?
- Improved battery life of up to 14 hours
- Improved memory (8GB RAM) and hard drive capacity (32GB) will allow tasks to be performed more efficiently
- Lighter, shorter and thinner device with a new operating system (Android 10)
- Updated maps and improved front and rear cameras
- Faster internet speeds and improved wifi reception.
Royal Mail core operation roll out takes place this autumn, with Parcelforce following in January.