Bake some cakes or hit the shops, grab some sandwiches and invite your family and friends to join you in raising some money.
You can order a free 1940s style Tea for Victory merchandise pack by registering here. Select Tea for Victory in the ‘event type’ box and your pack will automatically be sent to your work address. Alternatively you can order your pack by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the Charity of the Year hotline 0208 222 7657.
The pack includes bunting, a tablecloth; themed posters and cake stand to help make your tea party a great success. The merchandise has been specially designed by Wayne Hemingway for Prostate Cancer UK.
Once you set the date for your party there are lots of useful tips to raise money and make organising your party as easy as possible.
Some ideas to make your Tea for Victory party more triumphant:
- Wear full 1940s style outfits
- Make your cakes with a week's worth of rations
- Make cake and tea for your office
- Put up Tea for Victory posters to advertise your event to your colleagues
- Download celebrity recipes. Prostate Cancer UK have some delicious recipes provided by top class celebrity chefs.
Send us your photos and stories to email@example.com. We'd love to see them!
Designer Wayne Hemingway supports Prostate Cancer UK's Tea for Victory parties http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5LNjvsmJPo